The 3R-Center Tübingen is organizing the second Organ-on-Chip Summer School in collaboration with the Working Group „Teaching & Training“ of the European Organ-on-Chip Society (EUROoCS).
The 5-day training course takes place from September 02nd – 06th, 2024 in Tübingen and features both lectures and laboratory hands-on sessions. In this interdisciplinary format, the participants will learn the underlying concepts and principles of Organ-on-Chip technology. The Summer School targets M.Sc., MD and PhD students that are beginning their research in the fascinating interdisciplinary field of Organ-on-Chip. Professionals from industry who want to learn about the basics and practice hands-on in lab are also welcome.
Preliminary Summer School 2024 Topics
- Stem cell-based in vitro models and organoids as replacement and complementary methods to animal testing
- Microfabrication of OoC/MPS systems
- Microfluidics and fluid dynamics
- GCCP (Good Cell and Tissue Culture Practice) and in vitro reporting
- In-line analysis with sensors, imaging and Omcis readout
- Regulatory requirements
- Introduction to immunology
Preliminary Summer School 2024 Hands-On-Topics
- Stem cells and organoids
- Sensors and monitoring
- Image analysis